21. Swap noodles for zoodles. If you have spaghetti or somme other pasta on a regular basis, swap it out for zucchini noodles at least once a week. You’re cutting carbs and gaining tons of health benefits. There are some seriously tasty zoodle recipes and they aren’t hard to make!
22. Say goodbye to soda. You know that soda is bad for you. We aren’t saying to throw it all away right now, but try to cut down. If you drink two a day, only allow yourself one. Then slowly ween yourself off of it from there and replace it with more water. You’re saving yourself a lot of sugar and calories.
23. Measure everything for a day. When you decide to start watching what you eat, go about a normal day but measure everything with measuring cups, spoons etc. That will help you to realize just how much you’re eating, especially when you compare it to a suggested serving size.
24. Eat kale. Kale may not have the greatest taste, but it’s great for you. It’s a superfood and will deliver tons of healthy goodies. Sauté it, use it instead of lettuce or blend it into a smoothie like our Jiggle-Reducing Smoothie. Not convinced? These kale chips are an office favorite at Skinny Mom HQ.
25. Do calf raises. Calf raises are a great way to get sexy legs. When you wear skinny jeans or heels, your calves will shine if you’ve been doing your calf raises! Do them while you brush your teeth, look in the fridge or wait in line. Click here to learn more about calf raises.
26. Start journaling. Get a small journal that you can easily carry around with you. Take notes of how your workouts went, how you felt, and keep progress reports. Write down healthy snacks and recipes you want to remember. Copy down motivational quotes and make lists of what inspires you.
27. When you eat out, order a side salad with dressing on the side. It’s a good way to start off your meal in a healthy way, and it’ll help fill you up. When your food comes, don’t over-eat. Save the rest for tomorrow.
28. When you order at a restaurant, ask for a box as soon as the meal comes. You can box up half of it and set it aside. Chances are, half will be plenty to fill you up. You won’t over-eat this way or have to pack tomorrow’s lunch.
29. Swap out milk chocolate for dark. Dark chocolate is good for your heart and has a lot of other benefits, which you can read about here.